Instagram has a feature where instead of deleting pictures, you can “hide” or archive your pictures.
Here’s how to hide your photos on Instagram:
- Open Instagram and display the photo you want to archive.
- Tap the three dots in the upper-right corner of the screen to open a pop-up menu at the bottom of the screen.
The selected photo is moved to your archive and hidden from your profile and feed.
How to View Archived Photos
You can view all your archived pictures in one place. Here’s how to access the photos in your archive:
- Select the hamburger menu in the upper-right corner of your profile screen.
- Select Archive.
- Select “Posts Archive” is selected at the top.
How to Make an Archived Instagram Post Public Again
Here’s how to put an archived picture back on your profile:
- Select the archived photo you want to put back on your profile
- Select the three dots above the image
- Select “Show on Profile” to have the image show up once again on your profile.